Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fair Time 2009

Is there anything cuter than kids and animals?

There is a lot to look at - so we walked a lot. But we made sure we stopped to have refreshments the whole way.

I love fair time, no doubt! The atmosphere is everything I remember loving as a kid. My brother and I were a part of 4-H and raised 2 pigs each as soon as we turned 8 years old. Every year, my parents put up the pop-up camper and we would spend the entire week there. That way, we were able to be up at the crack of dawn to get the pigs spruced up for the show on Tuesday and then ready for the sale at the end of the week. We had a good time every year!!! Due to my parents paying for the costs to raise the pigs every year, at the end of my time in 4-H, I was able to pay for most of my first year in college. This year, I had the opportunity to give back! My parents and I decided to split the purchase of a pig. No, we aren't keeping it. It was sent on to the butcher for us straight from the fair. I'm so happy to be able to give back to an organization that meant so much to me in my youth!!!
Thank you, Mom and Pop, for helping me achieve this goal!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I knew you raised the piggies for the fair, but I didn't realize you paid for some of your college that way. Wow!

    ReplyDelete